The Glendower is committed to protecting your privacy and comlying with data protection laws including the new GDPR.
We will not share your information with third parties other than as described below. Some information is held in both electronic and paper formats securely here at the Glendower.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and have systems in place to prevent unauthorised access.
Data we hold can include but is not limited to, name, address, telephone number and email address. In some instances we also record passport numbers to comply with UK law. We also note car registration numbers for the purpose of parking on site. We do not hold data for longer than is required by UK law.
Our credit/debit card transactions are handled by Worldpay and the data is held by them and by our channel manager Eviivo on their own respective servers. We hold no data on our premises for those choosing to pay on-line. Details of payments made on site using a card terminal are held in accordance with PCI DSS compliance requirements.
In the event that we sell the business, your information will be shared with the new owners in order to continue sending you updates, newsletters and special offers.
In certain cases we may have to share your details with UK authorities like the Police or immigration service but will only do so when it is required by UK law.
24 hour CCTV operates at our premises for the safety of ourselves and our guests and suitable notices are displayed advising guests of this. Images are kept for as short a time as possible to comply with the new GDPR.
All our emails contain an unsubscribe link so that you can opt out at any time.
Under data protection legislation you have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold on you. Such requests should be sent to us by email to email@example.com or by post to the Glendower B&B, Falkland Road, Torquay. TQ2 5JP
Inclusivity & Diversity Policy
We do not discriminate in any way including but not limited to, colour, creed, religion, nationality, hetrosexual, bi, gay or transgender. Everyone is welcome at the Glendower.
Competitions Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is The Glendower B & B.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of The Glendower and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The route to entry for the competition is to like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions, but do so by their own free will.
5. We have the right to allow more than one entry per competition at times. We will notify specifically in the post if this is the case
6. Closing date for entry will be stated in the post of the Facebook page. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The rules of the competition and how to enter are clearly stated in the Facebook post. Like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions, but do so by their own will.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. The prize will be clearly stated in the Facebook Post and will be subject to availability
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
12. Winners will be chosen at random.
13. The winner will be notified via private message on Facebook and within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
19. The winner’s name will be available via our Facebook page
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.